ID#  904, (1800-aft 1860)
Rhoda Striker was born in 1800 in Hallowell Twp, Prince Edward County, Ontario.1,2 She was the daughter of Samson Striker and Ursula Clapp.1 She married Hiram Clapp about 1814. Did they marry in New York? According to Barbara Lee Woodard, Auntie Sealock said they eloped. Note that their children Joseph and Elizabeth claimed to have been born in New York on the 1860 Census of Wisconsin.3 On 9 Jul 1834 Rhoda Striker Clapp filed a land petition seeking 200 acres as the daughter of a Loyalist.4 She was left a widow when Hiram Clapp died on 1 September 1857.3 She died after 1860 in Marcellon, Columbia County, Wisconsin.3
Last Edited=31 Aug 2015
Children of Rhoda Striker and Hiram Clapp
- [S46] Letter from Murray Clapp (Milford, ON) to Faye West, 7 Feb 1982; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Graves, correspondence.
- [S559] Joseph Clapp, 1860 Federal Census (Wisconsin), HeritageQuest, http://heritagequestonline.com
- [S542] Barbara Hill, database report, 10 Jul 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Elias CLAPP."
- [S442] Upper Cananda Land Petitions and Grants 1791 - 1867, RG 1, L3; (Ottawa, ON: Library and Archives Canada), Reel: C-1727, C18/222.
- [S145] Jane C Graves, Death Certificate 174 (8 May 1912), Washington Bureau of Vital Statistics, Olympia, Thurston County, Washington.
- [S25] Lineage application of Bertha May Graves Sealock, #443473, DAR.