Harry Leroy Coleman
M, ID# 3490, (1882-1916)
Harry Leroy Coleman was born on 31 January 1882 in Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.1,2 He was the son of Charles Coleman and Florence Nancy Mulholland.3 He married Jane Catherine Snyder on 22 June 1904 in Galt, Waterloo County, Ontario.3 He began military service on 1 November 1915 in Brandon, Manitoba, when he enlisted in the 79th Battalion of the Canadian Expeditionary Force. He arrived in England aboard the RMS Lapland on 4 May 1916 and was transferred to the 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles (Saskatchewan Regiment). He arrived in France on 7 June 1916.4 He died between 28 September 1916 and 2 October 1916 during the Battle of the Somme in France.2 He was buried in plot 1.F.2, Cerisy-Gailly French National Cemetery, Cerisy, Somme, Picardie, France.2
Last Edited=11 Jul 2018
Children of Harry Leroy Coleman and Jane Catherine Snyder
- [S878] Harry Coleman, Birth Registration 037990 (13 Feb 1882), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S785] Veterans Affairs Canada, military records, "Canadian Virtual War Memorial" (https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/remembrance/memorials/… : accessed 25 Mar 2010), memorial for Harry Leroy Coleman.
- [S877] Harry Coleman & Jane Snyder, Marriage Registration unknown number, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1912] "Harry Leroy Coleman Military Records", RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 1858 - 22; Library & Archives Canada; Ottawa, Ontario, viewed online: http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/ on 5 Apr 2018.
- [S860] Robert Coleman, gedcom file, 09 Jun 2009, Scarborough, Ontario. Gedcom file "Descendants of Catherine Jones."