ID# 4828, (1893-1933)
- 2nd cousin 2 times removed of Faye Louise Doyle
Kathleen Freeman was born on 14 July 1893 in South Crosby Twp, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.1,2 She was the daughter of Michael Freeman and Margaret Dunn.2,3 She was baptized on 6 August 1893 in St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, OntarioG.2 She graduated on on 2 June 1920 from St Joseph's School of Nursing, Hotel Dieu, Kingston, Ontario where she won the prize for highest marks in medicine and awards for surgery and obstetrics. Her graduation pin is in a collection of the Canadian Museum of Civilization.4 She married George Dominic Murphy, son of Peter Murphy and Hannah Jordan, on 11 February 1925 in Elgin, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.3 She died on 20 December 1933 of toxemia of pregnancy in Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, Frontenac County, Ontario, at age 40.5 She was buried in Elgin, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.5
Last Edited=12 Feb 2014
- [S1192] Kathleen Freeman, Birth Registration 016819 (10 Mar 1894), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1424] Baptisms, marriages, burials 1883-1910: baptism of Kathleen Freeman, pg 88, St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario. Viewed on 2 Feb 2012, at familysearch.org, database: Ontario, Roman Catholic Church Records, 1760-1923, img 46.
- [S1191] Kathleen Freeman and George Murphy, Marriage Registration 013648 (16 Feb 1925), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1745] Hotel Dieu of St Joseph Hospital, Souvenir Leaves 1845-1920 (Kingston, Ontario: Hotel Dieu of St Joseph Hospital, 1920).
- [S1193] Kathleen Murphy, Death Registration 015785 (21 Dec 1933), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca