Johanna Margaret Carty1
ID# 2097, (1892-1965)
- 2nd cousin 2 times removed of Faye Louise Doyle
Johanna Margaret Carty was born on 14 May 1892 in South Crosby Twp, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.1,2 She was the daughter of Henry Joseph Carty and Elizabeth Dunn.1,2 She was baptized on 28 June 1892 in St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, OntarioG.2 Margaret became Sr. St. Andrew of the Congregation of Notre Dame teaching order. She was a graduate of both Queen's University and the University of Toronto. She served as Mother Superior of Notre Dame Convent in Brockville and St. Ann's Academy in Montreal.3 She died in 1965.3
Last Edited=10 Feb 2012
- [S1333] Johanna Margaret Carty, Birth Registration 016886 (30 Dec 1892), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1424] Baptisms, marriages, burials 1883-1910: baptism of Joanna Margaret Carty, pg 80, St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario. Viewed 2012-2019, at familysearch.org, database: Ontario, Roman Catholic Church Records, 1760-1923, img 42.
- [S1342] The Family of Henry Carty and Elizabeth Dunn, family notes by James Bulger, 2011, copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S308] 1901 Census (Crosby South, Leeds South, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario T-6478, Henry Carty family.